Level-D Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Level-D General User Forums > Level-D General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What would a new 767 for Level D have?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What would a new 767 for Level D have?
    Posted: 04-08-2012 at 7:28am
I keep on returning to the Level D 767 after flying the PMGD737.  I just have no problems flying the 767. It is sooo smooth. 
I was wondering, since the 767 is 6 years old? maybe more, if Level-D was doing the 767 now, what would it change, or add?  For me it seems it has everything I want.  I know there are no plans announced to update it - but technology has changed over the last 6 years - hypothecally - what would LevelD envision as possible improvements to its masterpiece?
Pauly G
petermaxkoller View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermaxkoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-08-2012 at 11:22am
Hi Paul

I wonder, why did you return from the PMDG 737 NGX to the LDS767? What are the main points?
I was thinking about to switch from the 767 to the 737, so I wonder why you came back!

Thanks
Peter

Senior Captain CHE1945
Peter Koller Switzerland

i5 3570K@4.4 ,16GB,Corsair H80,WD 1TB SATA-3,NVIDIA GTS450,Win7-64,Level-D B767/FSX
THBatMan8 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THBatMan8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-08-2012 at 3:26pm
Technology has changed in the last 6 years, but the sim hasn't. 
DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DShutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-08-2012 at 3:52pm
The technology is exactly the same.

Some developers have pushed the level of FEATURES.

And, the DEMANDS of some users has increased.

IMHO (and biased as well), what makes the 767 such a joy to fly: excellent flight model, judicious use of features, and very good framerates. Not to mention excellent price, support (;-0) and abding by the simple KISS rule (keep it simple stupid).
petermaxkoller View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermaxkoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-08-2012 at 4:06pm
Daryl

You are VERY right!!

See some screenshots:

Greetings from Switzerland
Peter

Senior Captain CHE1945
Peter Koller Switzerland

i5 3570K@4.4 ,16GB,Corsair H80,WD 1TB SATA-3,NVIDIA GTS450,Win7-64,Level-D B767/FSX
75sevenA330 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75sevenA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-08-2012 at 9:43pm
If I was asked (I know I wouldn't be though), I'd like to see a PEGASUS FMC w/ GPS MMR installed (RNAV approaches). I'd also like to see the Glide Path/Glide Slope angle actually show up in the LEGS page when you line select an approach (that way you can officially do VNAV approaches). Lastly, I'd love to see an attempt at the IS & S panel as an option as well as the digital MCP.

Other than that the airplane is amazing! KISS is always the smartest path LOL

Mower View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-12-2012 at 10:17pm
The LDS 763, excellent as it is, needs more glass and updated grafix.
DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DShutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-12-2012 at 11:37pm
Excellent as it is... the 767-300 doesn't have any glass. The 764 does. The 777 does.

Yes, the graphics could be updated and panels created for widescreen option.

GPS? Meh.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75sevenA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-12-2012 at 11:56pm
IS&S flat panel
Matt_B View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-13-2012 at 11:17pm
The graphic/textural quality of the cockpit in the LDS 767 is my only gripe when compared to, say, the PMDG 737NGX. The latest product from PMDG shows just how old the Level-D product is in terms of graphics. Having said that, however, everything else about the Level-d 767 is just fantastic. If there were to be a new version - a Level-D 767 V2.0, if you will - with updated textures, cockpit, etc I would buy that.
Matthew
Coffs Harbour, NSW - Australia
Hubble View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-14-2012 at 4:06pm
Forgetting graphics, I haven't found anything in the NGX that really surpasses anything we didn't already have in the 767. Took the competition long enough to catch up! Tongue  Sure, the NGX has a HUD but that doesn't make it better, really.

Best regards,
Robin.
Matt_B View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-14-2012 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Hubble Hubble wrote:

Forgetting graphics, I haven't found anything in the NGX that really surpasses anything we didn't already have in the 767. Took the competition long enough to catch up! Tongue  Sure, the NGX has a HUD but that doesn't make it better, really.

Best regards,
Robin.
You ARE kidding, right? The virtual cockpit, the textures on the fuselage (rivets, etc), the see-through passenger windows - all these items set the PMDG 737NGX well apart from its competition. It's the market leader for airline aircraft right now. I'm not saying the LDS 767 is a poor product - not at all. It's a fantastic product that I use regularly. All I am saying is that it is starting to well and truly show its age by comparison to products such as PMDG's 737NGX.
Matthew
Coffs Harbour, NSW - Australia
DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DShutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-14-2012 at 5:58pm
Okay... this is the problem with these kinds of topics: the comparison game.

Comparing a new flightsim product to the 767 that's been on the market for over 6 years is like comparing iPod v2 to the iPad v2.

This is the Level-D forum, not the PMDG forum.

Want me to lock this thread?

paul View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-15-2012 at 6:26pm
My point was that now (6 years later) I have a much better computer.  12 GB ram, 990x CPU, N-Vidia 590 card.  I am getting > 100 fps with the LD767 right now flying to KMYR.  I agree - don't compare this  to anytging else - for me I pull the 767 out of my hangar 1st. 

I was curious from the developers, if they had a wish list with current technology - what would they push?  Exterior graphics?  Interior graphics?  Flight models?  Or do-dads like pogo sticks and flight attendants?
Pauly G
THBatMan8 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THBatMan8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-15-2012 at 7:38pm
What would you consider glass? The EFIS is modeled as close to the R/W counterpart as possible within the limitations of flight sim. The 763 was introduced when glass was in it's infancy, so it's a cross-breed. If you want more glass, fly a newer plane. Wink
SLKVP View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLKVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-19-2012 at 5:19pm
I wouldn't like another full-glass. I love that mid-80s, half-clock half-screens layout of that era.

Sam K.
AKLupine49 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKLupine49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-06-2012 at 5:31pm
I sat on the fence for a long time before taking the plunge and buying the 763.  Admittedly, I was intimidated by the complexity of the aircraft.  That said, I have come to love flying the baby heavy and am often pondering where to stretch it's legs to next.  I have a couple minor gripes in that the FMC won't accept a ZFW above 288.0K though at times I am sitting at the gate with a ZFW of 291K when doing a shorter flight.  I too have fix/approach issues in that some are simply not there.  LVS vortac on J18/19 comes to mind as does ILS1R at KIAD.  However, these don't take away from my enjoyment of the sim or of this plane which is quickly becoming my second wife, (just ask my first.)  As for things that I would like to see in a future version would simply be other members of the family.  The -200 should be a "simple" build being of similar technology as the -300. The -400 would be more challenging from a programing standpoint as it is newer technology that parallels the 777.  Still, I think that these would make for excellent stable mates for the -300ER that we have all come to enjoy.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75sevenA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-06-2012 at 6:47pm
I agree with a -200 add-on for FS2004/FSX. I've got my POSKY merge working pretty well but the FMC weights are off.

I'd be harder for them to bump up the ZFW since these "bumps" cost money for the data from Boeing. It would be nice though to see maybe a B767F with proper ZFW weights. The EOW alone on those airplanes are about 40,000 to 60,000 lbs less.
aarskringspier View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aarskringspier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-07-2012 at 3:31am
I personally think its perfect. Maybe I'm used to it since I first flew it in 2005. But its smooth as butter. Handles great. I think she still looks great and I get in the mood of flying something that looks a little dated but has enough systems to keep me busy.
Randy Swofford
aceridgey View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aceridgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-07-2012 at 8:02am
I think updating the textures for the 767
Full 3d VC and new exterior model [keep the rest, flight dynamics etc]

Would be a very worthwhile venture, I would personally prefer it to the 757, and I would be very very sad if we didn't see a 767 being made in the next 3 years.

Surely Daryl you still have the original data and photo's ;).

Aside from outdated textures, the exterior model of the leveld 767 is absolutley fantastic. Your modeler got the nose shape absolutely perfect!

The comparison 767 looks like a fighter jet with a similar size to the 767
Rasta man here!

Galeno View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2012 at 9:35pm
I see no problem with the textures present. 

In fact, when the GOL/VRG operated the 767s here in Brazil, the cockpit was so talked that resembled a lot with textures default cockpit, so much that I stopped using those made by the guy who forgot the name. :D

[]s
edo17982 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edo17982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-14-2012 at 7:09pm
Once stated that this still is the most complete and specially FUNCTIONAL addon aircraft ever made till you don't switch to Project Magenta or similar products this is what I would like to see in an hypotetical update (A pay one, it's worth every penny spent on that software)

A complete SDK that would include all missing offsets for cockpit building people
Workin Windshear indicator
Updated TCAS to new 7.1 version recently released that introduce few mods
Dual FMC operations
Possibility to run EICAS, PFD, ND and FMC screens on a networked PC
Brake temperature modeled and symbols generated on lower EICAS as in picture
Detailed APU / HYD /ELEC page of the EICAS as in the picture

More specific failures to various subsystems with updated relative EICAS messages (I could write a long list but we're just talkin here...)
Maybe a specific FMC page to set LDS options, failures and so on like other addons have

I think that would make it perfect and worth even 100$ or more spent on it. I'd be ready to immediatly :)

Thanks

Edoardo

Edoardo Criscuoli Altieri
B767 simulator
fleurenf View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fleurenf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-20-2012 at 9:07pm
I like this one just the way it is.. Perhaps a widescreen option added.
Are you stuck in Peak Hour Traffic? Fly instead.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic