Level-D Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Level-D General User Forums > Level-D General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Virtual Passenger Cabin ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Virtual Passenger Cabin ?
    Posted: 04-09-2005 at 12:28pm

Any reason why Level D havent added a virtual passenger cabin to this excellent product ?. Could it be added at a later stage ?

Johan

sk5645 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk5645 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-09-2005 at 12:32pm
its a fs limit i think!and this question have been asked before!
wchafe View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wchafe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-10-2005 at 11:12pm

No, we aren't interested in adding a Virtual cabin.  We'ed rather spend our development time on other things.

Wade

GULF_TRAVELLER View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GULF_TRAVELLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-10-2005 at 11:34pm
not a limitation for FS.
Hergi View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hergi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-11-2005 at 12:34pm
Microsoft's Passenger Simluator will probably be released next year
Best regards,
Max Hergemoeller
www.flightforum.ch
DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DShutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-11-2005 at 12:44pm
Yes, since the train sumulator is dead - MS is going to put that team on "Home Simulator". This product will simulate living with people...
sk5645 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk5645 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-11-2005 at 12:55pm
Haha!im enjoying this!
Scott Gentry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Gentry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-12-2005 at 12:16am
Originally posted by wchafe wchafe wrote:

No, we aren't interested in adding a Virtual cabin.  We'ed rather spend our development time on other things.

Wade

I'm sure a lot of people who buy it would love this, I would like a VC. Doesn't the customer always come first? I mean were spending $40 on this thing.

Scott gentry
UAL1681
John Tavendale View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Tavendale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-12-2005 at 12:18am

No Scott, that's not how it works. It's not possible to add one with the model already at its limits.

Cheers

John
Scott Gentry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Gentry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-12-2005 at 12:24am

Scott gentry
UAL1681
wchafe View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wchafe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-12-2005 at 12:46am

I'm not sure what you mean by "Doesn't the customer always come first? ".

It's beyond me how that translates into "We should program this particular feature because a few people want it".

How are you sure of this? "I'm sure a lot of people who buy it would love this"?  Is it based on fact or are you just rationalizing a selfish desire to have something you want?

Where did that phrase originate anyway?  It sounds to me like something management would say to an employee who was complaining about being treated badly by customers.

Mike T View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-12-2005 at 12:16pm
NO, this is not an FS limitation and NO, LDS did not reach the max polygon count.  Was it a choice by LDS...YES.

And so, everyone is clamoring for a patch, everyone is clamoring for a possible LDS 757 and then the choice becomes simple:  Go back and develop a virtual cabin with no functional purpose or deliver a patch and possibly develop a 757.

There are tradeoffs.  The PMDG NG has a wonderfully rendered virtual cabin but no IRS!  The eaglesoft Citation X has a virtual cabin with an animated woman but a marginally working VC and a half implemented FMC.  Would YOU trade a virtual cabin for a FULLY implemented flight deck that is procedurally correct like the LDS 767?   

At the end of the day, the LDS 767 as sold is what it is and LDS cannot please everyone.  Some want cockpit options specifically intrinsic to the airline they like to fly, some want a virtual cabin, some want to fly the 767 with a GMS (sacralege!), some even what to change some of the gauge colors!  If LDS were to cater to every whim the 767 would be in development until the real 767 went out of service!!!

Why not look at the BIGGER picture instead of your individual wants and needs?  $40 would be a bargin at twice the price.  But $40 doesn't get you your own customized copy.  Of course, should you wish to PAY for the full development costs to add a virtual cabin, I am more than certain that Wade would oblige .

Why not just stay in your wonderfully rendered cockpit for now.  Besides, with the new FAA regulations post 9/11 you can't wander through the cabin anyway, you can only go to the lavatory and the flight attendant has to block the flight deck with the bar cart.  HEY! Maybe Wade can develop a virtual lavatory and a virtual flight attendant with a virtual bar cart and virtual first class passengers with virtual spoiled kids virtually screaming!  On second thought, I think you're better of staying in the virtual cockpit!!!

Enjoy your 767!!!!!!!

Regards,

Mike T.

BINTL View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BINTL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-20-2017 at 5:48am
Oh my God this is funny!
Hakan Halen View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hakan Halen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-03-2017 at 4:12am
Just fly the cockpit home, the rest will usually follow Wink

trisho0 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trisho0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-09-2017 at 9:45pm
Yep, specially for home alone (lol)
Segovia1 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Segovia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-15-2017 at 7:30pm
How many chairs do you have at home? Make a few rows behind you and place them on a room right behind the door that leads to your build. Viola.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic