Level-D Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Level-D General User Forums > Level-D General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kai Tak Checkerboard approach?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmslion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kai Tak Checkerboard approach?
    Posted: 08-13-2008 at 5:21pm

Is there any way to get Kai Tak into the FMS database with its famous checkerboard approach?

Thanks.

Colin in Portland

75sevenA330 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75sevenA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2008 at 6:24pm
Do a quick search.......
This was discussed to death when flytampa Kai Tak came out Wink
johntren View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johntren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2008 at 9:00pm

Warning: the thread is long, there are complexities to handle, and you need to follow the instructions with great care. But it can be done, I have done it, and the results are well worth the effort.

Regards, John

hmslion View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmslion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2008 at 1:58am

Thanks guys. I did search but it didn't bring anything up. Not sure what I did wrong.

Thanks!

lennox View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lennox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-17-2008 at 8:26am
Forgive me if I´m being especially dense, but that thread mentions a freeware scenery and not the Fly Tampa version, and it´s in the FSX forum.

I am on FS9 and have the FT scenery:  does all the info so carefully explained in the thread apply?
Is there anything I have to modify other than the folders?

It also appears that the file vhxx_176532.zip is no longer in the AVSIM library.  Providing that this fix will work for me, would someone be kind enough to send me, or point me to, the file?

Thanks.

nigvilla View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nigvilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2008 at 5:30pm

Lennox,

I think the airport and runway edits will apply to FS9 for the Fly Tampa. I have FSX but they look identical to the edits I have used for other add ons.

Try here for Terminal Procedures, http://planepath.com/

This site has started to include Kai Tak in the latest 0808 release.

Nigel Thomas

johntren View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johntren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2008 at 8:22pm
vhxx_176532.zip is the procedures file. As Nigel points out, much better and more up-to-date procedures are now available elsewhere. The latest version from Navigraph is dated 31/07/2008. I would just forget about the zip file and go ahead.

Regards, John

lennox View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lennox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2008 at 8:39pm
Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic