Level-D Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Level-D General User Forums > Level-D General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thank you to yourself and the TEAM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fall_Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thank you to yourself and the TEAM
    Posted: 06-11-2017 at 10:35am
Hi Daryl, and Team,

I just wanted to say a big thank you, for your continued commitment and development of the 757 which as we all know, at times were under difficult circumstances.   I very much look forward to flying this aircraft and can only hope it will give me as much pleasure, as the 767 has over the many years Ive flown her.  Clap

Thank You ALL so very much

John
Billc View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-11-2017 at 2:01pm
Seconded. I've been wanting this for a very long time, since I flew a pro 757 sim. Absolute beast of plane performance-wise. If it flies right then it can look decades out of date for all I care. The fun of the 757 is in flying it rather than counting how many moving parts the toilets have Wink
Bill Casey
DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DShutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-11-2017 at 4:49pm
Thank you.

Just to clarify... Wade and Laurent are the chief developers. I am but the lowly bottle washer.

We are in the EARLY stages of development - so early in fact, that I was surprised Flight1 posted those pics - so, let's remember, that glaciers move slowly... ;-)

Regardless, thanks for the kind words.
bigwood21 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bigwood21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-11-2017 at 5:04pm
It's funny for me to think that when the LevelD 767 came out, I was just a junior or senior in high school (I can't recall exactly the month/year it was released, but I know it was around 2005). Here we are going on 12 years later and I'm fortunate enough to actually fly the 757/767 for a US-based airline. I still love flying the 767 after all these years and am greatly looking forward to getting my hands on the 757 when it is released. Thanks, everyone!
Sean Wood
DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DShutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-11-2017 at 6:13pm
Cool, Sean. Fantastic.
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2017 at 12:30am
Yes, as Daryl says it is EARLY beta. Early enough that some of the VC is not animated yet. Yes, we know the gear lever does not match the gear position in the beta as noted in other forums. That is not a development omission (I think Level-D would notice something like that Smile).

I had asked the Level-D staff if we could show it at the event and they agreed. You will not likely see a lot of pics flowing from the product now.  It was really tough to grab good ones at the event because there were 12ft tall full glass windows facing the monitors and you had to take shots at an angle. So the pictures out there do not reflect the actual product from the best angles.

Here are a couple pics to show it from the right perspectives. Note that what you see is not final.

Daryl says it best... glaciers move slowly, so do give it time. There is a lot left to do. But the show went well, folks had a great time flying it, and it was really nice to see all the enthusiasm there. So I want to share some of that here so you can see the same perspectives seen from show visitors.

Again, please remember this is early beta. No need to point out anything you may see.

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software
Billc View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2017 at 3:15am
Originally posted by Steve Halpern Steve Halpern wrote:

No need to point out anything you may see

But I see a 757 and I''m dribbling at the prospect! Wink

Btw, I think it would have been wise to keep it under wraps for longer. You just know what'll happen now the cat's out of the bag and you've shown pics - the sad rivet counters and graphics police will be on it Wacko
Bill Casey
Scandinavian View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scandinavian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2017 at 3:42am
Will some of the advances in the 757 trickle down to the 767 also?
Nebojsa View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nebojsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2017 at 5:09am
Beautiful.

nebojsa
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2017 at 8:27am
Ha ha, yes, the rivet counters and pixel police (derived from graphics police Smile).

This was a show event, and it is not so much like we are going to flood the internet with early beta pics.

It is development progressing. There are no press releases or official announcements. What is posted around the internet may vary.

In the mean time do enjoy the 767 to get a taste of the family. That is something we did announce Smile.
Steve Halpern

Flight One Software
ghiom View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghiom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2017 at 8:46am
Not for FS9 right?
DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DShutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2017 at 10:18am
No, FS9 development ceased many years ago (much like what we all thought happened to the 757). ;-)
DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DShutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2017 at 10:24am
And, for now, speculate away, but, answers to speculation will not be forthcoming (not from anyone connected with the development). So, please save those 0s and 1s and imagine what will be. Official announcements will be released when the team feel ready to do so. The 757 is coming. More news when it is fit to print. Fly on!
namco View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2017 at 2:45pm
Love you guys, thanks for doing this.
coolguy3 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolguy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2017 at 4:34pm
Excellent News!!!! Big smile
!!**LDS 767-300ER**!! - Thanks for it in P3D!!!!
Real-World C172 Pilot
SimCaptainJim
bigwood21 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bigwood21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2017 at 5:53pm
Is it too early to ask if there will be an option for both the Classic Flight Deck and the Flat Panel Display System? Just curious if you're focusing on one or planning to offer both. Thanks!
Sean Wood
DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DShutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2017 at 7:47pm
Sean... imagine. ;-)

When the time comes, all will be revealed.

For now, fly that 767!
GORDONZHU View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GORDONZHU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-13-2017 at 2:05am
Hi Daryl,
It would be awesome for LDS to keep in touch with the flight sim media. Like FSElite, AirdailyX, PCFlight, PCPilot etc, share your development news with them! Many people pay attention to the news now, but some of them didn't know the 757 news. I'm sure they will be AMAZED. Level-D Simulation is a legend and you brought the first most complex aircraft to the flightsim. I am talking about the 767. 
It's still the best even for today. We have been begging the developers to bring a 757 to FSX/P3D for 10 years. And now the dream just came true. Even this product is still in early beta but I believed it definitely would be an overkill product when it's going to be released.

Cheers,
Gordon
GORDONZHU View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GORDONZHU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-13-2017 at 2:44am
And also, may I repost this news/screenshots to a Facebook group? we have 10000 members there and I am sure they will be excited to know the news.  I will attach the url and the full original post. 
Thank you.

Cheers,
Gordon
DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DShutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-13-2017 at 10:00am
Thank you, Gordon.

When the time is right, the news (even the fake news) will be notified. ;-)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-13-2017 at 11:09am
Also, Gordon, you can re-post info that is in this Level-D General Discussion forum as this forum is meant for public view.
Steve Halpern

Flight One Software
GORDONZHU View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GORDONZHU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-13-2017 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by DShutt DShutt wrote:

Thank you, Gordon.

When the time is right, the news (even the fake news) will be notified. ;-)
Hi Daryl,
I would refresh the FSElite page every day like gone crazy to find the news. lol
Keep up the good work! I would keep my eyes on this product for sure and please spread the news all over the world! :p

Regards,
Gordon
GORDONZHU View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GORDONZHU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-13-2017 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Steve Halpern Steve Halpern wrote:

Also, Gordon, you can re-post info that is in this Level-D General Discussion forum as this forum is meant for public view.
Thank you very much for the information, Steve!

Regards,
Gordon
bigwood21 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwood21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-13-2017 at 7:15pm

Sean... imagine. ;-)

When the time comes, all will be revealed.

For now, fly that 767!

I sure will be! My current trip ends Thursday so I'll have two full weeks of 767 flying at home. Then back to the real 757 for a couple months.
Sean Wood
Motormike View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motormike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-14-2017 at 1:15am
Yehaaaaaaaaa
roroma View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roroma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-14-2017 at 1:20am
So many flights I can't wait to do with the Level-D 757. This is the project I've been looking forward to and was very excited to see the new pictures. The past eleven years was a period of silence sprinkled with glimmers of hope ("it's coming"), and we all appreciate the hard work you're doing to accurately simulate one of Boeing's greatest aircraft. 

The 767 was my first payware aircraft. I learned about Boeing's autoflight systems (LNAV, VNAV, FLCH, FMC, etc.) by flying the 767 and reading documentation. I fly it to this day and it remains my favorite aircraft for FSX. 

Thanks to Flight1 and the entire Level-D Team. And a special thanks to Daryl for putting up with us over the years!
blocks_off View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blocks_off Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-15-2017 at 7:42am
Really good news.... Good luck with it Smile
When you're ready to release, I'll be ready to buy.
Thanks!
Carl
CPC900 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CPC900 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-16-2017 at 3:13pm

I am but the lowly bottle washer.

Congrats Daryl, on your promotion!! :D

This is awesome news!  I will definately be purchasing it when it comes out!!

Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic