Level-D Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Level-D General User Forums > Level-D General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Eric Ernst

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Check Airman 2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Check Airman 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Eric Ernst
    Posted: 04-21-2018 at 2:04am
Hi all,

Unfortunately, I'm here with some terrible news. The man who inspired all of this, Eric Ernst has recently died.

http://www.vanemburghsneider.com/obituary/Eric-W.-Ernst/Ramsey-New-Jersey/1791279

For those who didn't know, Eric recently upgraded to the Captain on the A320 at his airline. He will be missed, and his contribution to the community will not be forgotten.

DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DShutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-21-2018 at 1:28pm
Very sad news.

Eric was an incredible guy. Loved his family, friends, aviation, and the PIC 767.

Eric graciously allowed me to incorporate his work and rewrite and reformat the original manual. A true gentleman.

RIP Eric. Blue skies.
SLKVP View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SLKVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-22-2018 at 4:49pm
I remember Eric's 757 freeware panels for FS98 at flightsim.com. I believe was what led to 767PIC and LevelD 767-300ER which I still enjoy these days. 

RIP Eric
We will remember you

Sam

Nebojsa View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nebojsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-23-2018 at 5:40am
Eric"s PIC 767 is was has go me going on the 767. RIC Eric.

nebojsa
egajet View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote egajet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-24-2018 at 9:58am
Very sad news indeed! I remember with emotion  my first flights with EricĀ“s B767!
A true artist and a gentleman. He will be remembered.

Edmundo 
kevinh View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-10-2018 at 5:03pm
Terribly sad news, 51 is far to young. He gave our hobby so much. His 767 was probably the first complex panel I used in MSFS and I'm still flying the 767 that was developed from his pioneering work.

Thank you Eric, my condolences to your family

Kevin
Hamilton View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2018 at 8:31am
Sad news... Rest in peace Capt Ernst.

Hamilton
richjb View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richjb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2018 at 10:09am
Sad news, indeed. I recall email conversations with Eric when I first began using PIC 767. He was always willing to answer questions about the simulator and the airplane. His work was truly pioneering and changed flight simulation. It might have happened anyway, but he was the first and his work is lasting to this day with Level D.

Blue skies & tailwinds, Captain Ernst!

Rich Boll
Wichita, KS
Gnacino View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gnacino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2018 at 2:44pm
Very sad to hear.  He got me hooked on the 757-767, and later the LevelD 767 which was my first complex aircraft, still fly it today.
RIP Capt Ernst.

George Nacino
dbrashears View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbrashears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2018 at 4:30pm
RIP Eric..there are a lot of simmers that remember your work with the SAAB 340 as well as the 767. Your work provided countless hours of fun and education to a set friends that can only dream of aviation. Blue skies and fair winds on your journey my friend.

Don Brashears
ubersu View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-12-2018 at 9:02am
Clear skies, Eric...Cry
balus View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-12-2018 at 8:10pm
Very sad news and yes 51 is far too young for a man who gave so much.

Shocked

Scott
finchkh View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finchkh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-13-2018 at 4:45pm
I was so sad to read this news over at AVSIM; simmers who met him in these forums will miss his patience and insight.

My condolences to his family, colleagues and friends.

Belatedly, Captain, thank you for all you have given us.
Check Airman View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Certified Flight1 Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Check Airman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-18-2018 at 3:06am
Avsim has a post regarding Eric's passing here, as well as a wonderful obituary here.
<font color=GREEN>IDLE[/COLOR]|<font color=GREEN>FLARE[/COLOR]|<font color=GREEN>ROLLOUT[/COLOR]|<font color=GREEN>CMD[/COLOR]
gordonrd45 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordonrd45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-22-2018 at 7:26pm
I just discovered this post and it brought tears to my eyes.  Like others posting here, I met Eric on-line in his early years and exchanged messages with him about plans for the 767.  Such a loss!!  His legacy will live on for many years.  My sim is entirely designed around the LevelD 767.  I will never give it up, even if it means I can never fly with P3Dv4 or its successors.
Bob Klemm View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Beta Team Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Klemm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-26-2018 at 8:38am
Can't believe I'm just reading about this. What sad news. Eric still "flies" with me every time I'm flying that 767.
Bob Klemm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic