Level-D Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Level-D General User Forums > Level-D General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pushback switch - freezing system up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maxr View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pushback switch - freezing system up
    Posted: 07-13-2016 at 12:10am
Hello.

Not too long ago  I have read a post form someone getting very frustrating 
while  pushing the " Ground " button ( to have the airplane push back from the gate )
and have the entire system  brings  to the  hold. A very famous and  annoying quote. 
I was the one of the original users bringing this  to the developers attentions
even going further to described  details, but all this fall to their dead ears.
Problem was never corrected, attempt was never  made....  and at this point  - never will.

Scenario...  About  week ago  I have   2 retired captains  flying  B767-300  in my home basement 
where 3 monitors setup of B767-300 are in place   and I was going  to do 
demonstrate the flight of  this well build plain  B767-300  originated from YYZ  going to ORD...  
Mind you the system is on WIN 7-64  all adjustments done  for the best performers
and video card with 3 independent monitor outputs. Works that way for years.
No other staff is allow on that computer, beside B767 staff and weather associated staff.
Directly designated computer ONLY for that purpose.

Aircraft is  loaded  and ready to push back from the gate......
During pressing the  Ground  switch   - the entire system freezes.  
Nothing was actually working...   

At that  time...  I just could not hold my self any more... being so pissed off...
I hit the keyboard hard, the keyboard bounced and hit the screen 
of my main 55" TV ( one of 3 ) braking the bottom creating a lot of rainbows all over the place.
and that is how  I end  the demonstration of flight + loosing 55" TV.

**********   Lessons from this..   

In this design as the original  WIn XP developers did it...   for us  using it today
this exceptionally well build and perform aircraft,  lucky who are using it as I do from 2005
and not having this particular problem at all, or simply - having it but - not telling us about.

This days all new purchasers gets WIN 10...and higher...
I am in this position that I can build my own computer fast- very fast using WIN-7-64.
the most stable and recommend system, completely  ignoring WIN 10 and higher versions.
BUT.... the freezing issue  still remains, never been solved 
or problem  never has been pint pointed - why.  
Why pushing the Ground button  causes the system to  freeze up ?  and me loosing 55" TV
ONLY the developers " might - or might not know "

maxr View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-13-2016 at 12:29am
http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/b767300er-and-wx-radar_topic26212.html

Accidentally without notifying me  I found out that the pictures I have add to describe
entire scenario -  have been removed from, or not being accessible  to anyone
in the post  addressed above.  
This was a setup of my Fly Simulator including that  damaged  55" TV.

DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DShutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-13-2016 at 2:42pm
No idea what to make of these posts.

Are you requesting assistance or just venting?
clive6354 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive6354 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-14-2016 at 12:10am
Whatever the cause of the problem will remain a mystery until solved.  However, thumping the keyboard is not a solution such actions can cause other damage as demonstrated here

Patience is a virtue, maybe you should have held yourself a little longer

Are you seriously blaming the developers for the loss of your 55" TV as a result of pressing the Ground Button?

I have searched this forum and cannot find any other instance of damage to a 55" monitor as a result of pressing the "Ground Button"

Clive Alexander

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic