Level-D Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Level-D General User Forums > Level-D General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How can you determine status of TAIL SKID light?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How can you determine status of TAIL SKID light?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonDNF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can you determine status of TAIL SKID light?
    Posted: 12-11-2016 at 7:05pm
Has anyone figured a technique to figure out if the TAIL light is ON?

Taken from Lekseecon SIOC version:

Quote Note: The TAIL SKID Light is not in the Level-D (/SDK). It is added by lekseecon. It’s ON in two cases:

- IF Gear Lever is in Down position AND center hydraulic pressure is lower than 2500psi AND the Alternate Gear extend was used, or

- IF set via a Instructor Station variable (section 0).

But that logic doesn't really make sense to me.  I was able to determine when the Leading and Trailing Edge lights are on, but I have no clue how to trap this one.

Robert

DemonDNF View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonDNF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2017 at 4:42pm
Look what I found at top of page 4.

"1.6.1
The aircraft's tail skid will contact the runway when the aircraft has a 10° body attitude with the main landing gear oleos extended. Tail skid contact will occur at a body attitude of 8° if the main landing gear oleos are compressed."

It's a tail-strike report for a BOEING 767-375 (C-FOCA) at Halifax.

The Level-D is a 767-300ER and C-FOCA is listed on the Air Canada site as a 767-300ER.

My off-the-top-of-my-head guess would be:

a) 8° body attitude limit while within a set range of feet from ground, maybe 1 to 5 feet.  Don't even know yet if we can determine this value (still new at this stuff).

b) 10° body attitude limit while "on-ground".

The only complication I can think of is the slope of the runway (no clue yet if we have that in FS-X).

Does that seem reasonable?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic