Level-D Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Level-D General User Forums > Level-D General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFuture of Level D? [757]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Future of Level D? [757]
    Posted: 04-01-2012 at 4:06pm
Hi guys,

We are all so [some overly] passionate about this niche hobby of ours. We get excited easily, and vice versa with disappointment.

I know any mention of the 757 is strictly hush hush. With all seriousness all we have from 2008 is a 2D panel screenshot, no dedicated forum etc. Once you guys were at the top of the FS world with the 767.

I am asking with passion and respect for LEVELD on what is happening, honestly, with the 757. PMDG, who are good friends with you guys, said they wouldn't dream of making a 757 if the project was going ahead, but Ryan said days ago, that if this didn't happen, they would probably make a 757, as it is many of the teams favourite aircraft.

Please can we have a significant update on what has happened, was is happening, and what is to come.

Cheers

With respect,

Alex
Rasta man here!

DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-01-2012 at 4:43pm
Alex,
Oh, how the PMDG forum can stir things up...

Yes. Some of you are overly passionate about this niche hobby.

We (and by that I mean me) have stated many times that the 757 will be produced, and that there will be no updates about the status of the project, other than the 757 is coming.

I recognize that some of you - the hardcore users - don't like this answer, and are apparently concerned about what is happening, want an update, and have begun a poll over at the PMDG forum to get PMDG to produce a 757/767.

PMDG can produce whatever they want. There is NOTHING preventing them from producing any airplane they want. They want the 757, why don't they produce it? You want a 757 from PMDG, ask away...

The principal developers of Level-D Simulations want nothing more than to release the 757 for FSX, but that has not transpired - for many reasons that I am not going to get into because it is the policy of the development team to not release this kind of info, until there is something new (and germane (thanks, Checky)) to release.

I would like nothing more than to tell you all about the trials and tribulations and whys and wherefores of what is going on, but I cannot - and will not - release any information.

I think it's pretty clear that there is a delay and that there has not been any news about the 757 for a long time.

I have removed posts about the 757, because - quite frankly - I am tired of repeating myself time and again.

The 757 is coming.

If that doesn't please, then have at PMDG to create a 757... ;-)
aceridgey View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-01-2012 at 5:21pm
Hi Daryl,

I am not suggesting nor implying that I would want a PMDG, over yours, I merely wanted to clarify the respect PMDG show towards other companies/friends, like yourself. They do not want to tread on your toes, and quite rightly.

Yes, I am glad it is still being made, even if it is a polygon a day :P. But like always, we shall wait.

A now-and-again post from you, saying that there has been something completed today for example would quench a lot of thirst! :P

Alex
Rasta man here!

DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-01-2012 at 5:42pm
Did you read what I posted, Alex?

Your response sums up WHY it doesn't matter what answer I give... you want specifics, and I've told you we don't do that.
CX 747-400 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-01-2012 at 10:39pm
)
Originally posted by DShutt DShutt wrote:

I have removed posts about the 757, because - quite frankly - I am tired of repeating myself time and again.

The 757 is coming.

If that doesn't please, then have at PMDG to create a 757... ;-)

Daryl,
    I hate to say this, but you know that what I am about to say is very true; and that is you will continue to delete more and more posts until you give the niche hobbyists ( Ouch ) something to drool over. How about saving yourself some time, and headaches, and just release one image that shows the some form of progress. Surely in nearly 4 - 6 years in production the exterior model is completed. One image would hold over most for at least another 2 years, and save you the headaches for another 2 months.  LOL

Jonathan
nikog View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-02-2012 at 12:29am
Daryl,
You don't need to be angry about Alex question.
We yes want a 757 from LEVEL-D! 
We know your policy of no update untill it is coming... But, we - your customers, very very wating for this product from your team. Smile 
DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-02-2012 at 1:08am
I am not angry with Alex.

I understand the question.

Do you understand the answer?

It doesn't matter if you like the answer, or how many times you ask, or whether you think we should answer the way you think we should answer, or if you don't think a company should be run this way, or if PMDG would never do it this way, etc etc etc... there will be no updates until we have something to update you with.

Thread locked.

Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic