Level-D Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Level-D General User Forums > Level-D General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FMS input , FSPassenger & Fuel planner.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unnsteinsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FMS input , FSPassenger & Fuel planner.
    Posted: 03-07-2016 at 3:56am
Hi guys, im a pretty new owner of this beautiful bird and i must say that this one withthe Fokker-100 is my favorite of all.

I have 3. questions i need answer to.

1. When inputing numbers like ZFW and other into FMS do you do it in pounds or Kg?

2. I bought me the FsPassenger add-on to get the most out of my flight, when calculating the fuel and more do you use the configuration manager or do you use the PsPassenger.

3. I use this Fuel planner http://www.nofuel.thatssailing.com/flightsimulator/fuelplannerb763/default.asp , do you use that more then the configuration manager?

Thank you and have a great day all.
Swagger897 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swagger897 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2016 at 1:39pm
1.) I'm not sure if you can change this in the options, but it's generally always lbs for Boeing aircraft.
2.) What you have to do is find out the weight of the cargo and pax on each flight, find the zfw, and input that to FSPassengers, then, when it spits out the fuel, you adjust the fuel on the config manager, then record those new ZFW, trim, and any other statics you want for the flight.
3.) I've never tried that out, but thanks for the link as I'm sure I will soon. Normally I use SimBrief and their route & fuel planner, as they end up quite close. The main purpose however of the configuration manager however, is to add the fuel and adjust the CG% for each and every flight. You should always be using the configuration manager for each flight, even though you can't enter specific weights. Without it, you calculations will be completely wrong.
DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DShutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2016 at 6:30pm
Imperial or metric is set in FS options menu. American Airlines use pounds but the entire rest of the world is metric.
Unnsteinsson View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unnsteinsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2016 at 7:14am
thank you guys.
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swagger897 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2016 at 9:25am
Originally posted by DShutt DShutt wrote:

American Airlines use pounds but the entire rest of the world is metric.
That's not quite true. Delta uses pounds as well. 
DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DShutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2016 at 10:14am
No. I meant to say that all American based carriers use pounds.;-)
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swagger897 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2016 at 12:01pm
Ahhh... I see what you did there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic