Level-D Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Level-D General User Forums > Level-D General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flight1 Safe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy-Amd_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight1 Safe
    Posted: 03-11-2005 at 9:13am
Hello to you all,

I will keep this question short...

I want to buy the Level-D 767, i already got the installer. But i have one problem, how can i be so sure that when i enter my credit-card data it won't be misused. Can they just let me pay 100$ instead of 40$?

Maybe it is an matter of confidence but is there a way to receive some confidence, like a company who checks this stuff...?

Already thanks,
Milan :)
bobby_macnair View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobby_macnair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2005 at 9:17am

its 128bit encpypted, so theres is no way at all of any hacking the line and stealing the number. And as this is aregistered company, you can sue (spelling) them if they take more.

Its win win.

Happy-Amd_Freak View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy-Amd_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2005 at 9:18am
Originally posted by bobby_macnair bobby_macnair wrote:

its 128bit encpypted, so theres is no way at all of any hacking the line and stealing the number. And as this is aregistered company, you can sue (spelling) them if they take more.

Its win win.

Where can you see this is registered? :) And do i have to have a copy of the amount of $ or something? :)

Getting some little confidence now.. :P
W2DR View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W2DR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2005 at 9:34am

Milan -

Yes, after the purchase you will get an E-mail from Flight1 that has the order number, the amount charged, and your proof of purchase certificate number (save this number, you need it to register for support). Flight 1 is an extremely reputable and honest company. You will have no problem with them overcharging for anything you purchase. They even have a 30-day refund policy if you're not happy with what you bought. They are just a great company to do business with. I, like many here, have bought many products from them over the last several years and highly recommend them.

Doug 

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy-Amd_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2005 at 9:38am
Originally posted by W2DR W2DR wrote:

Milan -

Yes, after the purchase you will get an E-mail from Flight1 that has the order number, the amount charged, and your proof of purchase certificate number (save this number, you need it to register for support). Flight 1 is an extremely reputable and honest company. You will have no problem with them overcharging for anything you purchase. They even have a 30-day refund policy if you're not happy with what you bought. They are just a great company to do business with. I, like many here, have bought many products from them over the last several years and highly recommend them.

Doug 

Off course i believe you and i see al lot of good and positive replys erverywhere. But i still want to be very very sure that this company is checked anywhere.. is that possible?
Chris777 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2005 at 9:41am

Everyone on these forums bought a copy. Dont you think you wouldve heard if there was something weird going on ;o)

Buy it and be happy!

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy-Amd_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2005 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Chris777 Chris777 wrote:

Everyone on these forums bought a copy. Dont you think you wouldve heard if there was something weird going on ;o)

Buy it and be happy!

Of course i haven't heard bad things.. , but i am a little bit terrified because Gold Tulip has been frauding my credit card before..

And when i buy it i will definetly be happy, ;)
I don't want to be annyoing or something
Michael McE View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael McE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2005 at 10:43am

Originally posted by Happy-Amd_Freak Happy-Amd_Freak wrote:

Of course i haven't heard bad things.. , but i am a little bit terrified because Gold Tulip has been frauding my credit card before..

As one who has been the victim of identity theft, you have every right to be concerned - and should be.  There are really two issues here:

1.  is Flight1 a legitimate business. 

2.  how well is your information protected.

The answer to 1 is yes and the answer to 2 is - we really do not know.  Anytime you present you credit card information there is risk that it will be misused.  But this is known by the credit card issuers and many of them provide protection should your information get into the wrong hands.

I suggest you contact your card issuer and query them on what protections they offer.  If you are not satisfied with their response, then cancel that card and get a card from an issuer that offers better protection.

BTW: in the case where my identity was stolen, it was the card issuer that contacted me because there was a "strange" purchase attempt.

-michael

bobby_macnair View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobby_macnair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2005 at 10:57am

lol live life a bit riskier mate. i didnt know if it was safe but screw it, go for it. if you dont take any risks in life theres no point in living as its all boring.

BTW its completely safe

Speedbird View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2005 at 11:08am
I`ve been using Flight1 for quite some time now and i can assure you it`s completely safe!
metro752 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metro752 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2005 at 12:16pm
I have never ever had any trouble with Flight1 software.  I have never heard of them "taking" more than someone wanted.  Their system is setup in a way that you can only pay the exact amount for their product through the very secure Flight1 wrapper.

Anyways, you are not responsible for excess charges on your credit card.

I'm sure if you go to their site there is more information.

Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy-Amd_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2005 at 1:36pm
Ok, thanks for all you support, i feel more confident now.

I will do a try
Hookandbook2 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookandbook2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2005 at 6:27pm
I have bought...ummm...probably 6-7 products from them. Never have I had a mistake made yet.

-=MAB=-
gkvarga View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkvarga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2005 at 6:29pm
Tell you what, give me your credit card number and I'll buy it for you.  You can trust me
Karl Varga
NPreston View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPreston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2005 at 8:27pm

Originally posted by gkvarga gkvarga wrote:

Tell you what, give me your credit card number and I'll buy it for you.  You can trust me

Nice one  

cpilotw View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpilotw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2005 at 8:35pm

I'm 17 and have been used flight1 many of times with my parents card and they have reported no problems in their statements.

Chanse "CW" Watson
jboweruk View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jboweruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-16-2005 at 1:54pm
I've bought quite a bit off Flight1, I'm happy, just remember a lot of ppl are scared of online purchasing, yet will buy over a phone line and give their cc details to any Tom, Dick or Harry. And let's face it, over the phone anyone could be listening in. Internet is far safer due to encryption.
John B.

twon01 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twon01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-16-2005 at 3:35pm
I would use ANYONE's credit card that is registered to this forum...thats how secure i am in flight 1
Anthony KDAY

"Check rides are like a woman's skirt, short enough to make it interesting, yet long enough to cover it all"

Mike T View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-16-2005 at 9:01pm

Well, the fact is that I would truly worry about sending your credit card via the Internet.  Flight1 thinks that their flimsy 128-bit encyption will prevent hackers from getting their hands on credit card numbers but here is the scary truth:

128 Bit encryption only offers 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 combinations of keys! HA! A mere bag of shells!

I can get a hold of any one of your encrypted information and with today's technology that I have at my fingertips I can have your credit card number, social security number and mother's maiden name in a short 2,000,000,000,000,000,000 years with no problem at all!

So beware people, in the year 2 heptillion, I will be on a shopping spree with all your credit cards!!!!   *

Mike (Hacker X) T

*Unfortunately, the sun will have swollen and consumed the inner planets by then, burning the earth into a speck of cosmic debris just before it shrunk to the size of manhattan leaving the remnant of the earth a frozen spec orbiting in the darkness.  Also, the universe will have long collapsed into a single quantum singularity crushing everything into a speck smaller than infinity.

In other words.  BUY THAT 767 DARN IT!!!!

bisinchi View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bisinchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-18-2005 at 4:39pm

I bought 2 products from Flight one and didn't have any problems at all with my transactions.

Francois

awf1 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-18-2005 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Happy-Amd_Freak Happy-Amd_Freak wrote:

Hello to you all,

I will keep this question short...

I want to buy the Level-D 767, i already got the installer. But i have one problem, how can i be so sure that when i enter my credit-card data it won't be misused. Can they just let me pay 100$ instead of 40$?

Maybe it is an matter of confidence but is there a way to receive some confidence, like a company who checks this stuff...?

Already thanks,
Milan :)

Have quite a number of products from flight 1 and I buy without any hestitation from them many years now

Just go for it

Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2005 at 4:18am

I can also say that we do not keep full credit card numbers on our servers (only the parts of it that are required to maintain the sale). There is no need for us to keep full numbers!

We believe electronic ecommerce, with good companies, is far safer than giving your card to someone at a restaurant, or any place where a human touches the card.

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software
Decao6 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Decao6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-01-2019 at 3:59pm

I'm using the translator. When I try to run level d, the same boot panel message appears every time. I've reinstalled it about 10 times. I enter the forum and when I try to access the page that deals with this subject I am blocked. Send me an urgent solution as I am registered, the product is registered and I appear as a member. I just do not understand the blockage.
DShutt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Support & Documentation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DShutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-01-2019 at 5:47pm
Please post a full report in the appropriate forum as per FORUM GUIDELINES pinned topic.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic