Level-D Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Level-D General User Forums > Screenshot Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crazy 767 Take Off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crazy 767 Take Off
    Posted: 08-22-2011 at 3:19am

are the spoilers up or was it that windy?

Best Regards
Adib Afraj
Salam
jet-1 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jet-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-22-2011 at 6:20am
The pilot is just giving it left aileron input on takeoff to compensate for crosswind, which will also activate the spoilerons on that side. Normal, and happens with the simulated 767 too.
-Kyle
Nebojsa View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nebojsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-22-2011 at 7:06am
Awesome video,it looked like a lot of ran.

Nebojsa
afraj View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-24-2011 at 8:43pm
i understand what you mean, but i never saw it been deployed that much during a crosswind take off
Best Regards
Adib Afraj
Salam
afraj View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-24-2011 at 8:47pm
i just checked it again, it looks like the spoiler were able to come down a little during lift off 
Best Regards
Adib Afraj
Salam
Check Airman View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Certified Flight1 Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Check Airman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-25-2011 at 6:27am
It seems that the pilot inadvertently applied a bit too much aileron correction on that takeoff. The plane is powerful enough to overcome it, but the takeoff data is no longer good if the spoilers are deployed on one side.

It must have been a heck of a crosswind though.
IDLE|FLARE|ROLLOUT|CMD
Matt_B View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-09-2012 at 8:33am
Wouldn't have got me on that aircraft in that storm. I'd have stayed at the terminal. The aircraft obviously departed safely - but only just.
Matthew
Coffs Harbour, NSW - Australia
MickeyET7 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyET7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-08-2012 at 9:47am
Usually at this rate, the airport would have suspended its flight services, but the pilots deployed the spoliers temporarily so the aircraft stayed in contact with the ground at all time until lift off. A good tactic when winds and rain are high.
jester292 View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jester292 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-16-2012 at 2:57am
Originally posted by MickeyET7 MickeyET7 wrote:

Usually at this rate, the airport would have suspended its flight services, but the pilots deployed the spoliers temporarily so the aircraft stayed in contact with the ground at all time until lift off. A good tactic when winds and rain are high.

Not only did the crew NOT deploy the spoilers temporarily, but that would not be a GOOD nor an APPROVED technique for takeoff in ANY weather condition.  Simple systems knowledge tells you that the "on-side" spoilers assist in roll control.  Since crosswind technique requires aileron input, you are seeing the on side spoilers assist in roll control, used for directional control during the takeoff run. 

And an airport doesn't just shut down unless there's extreme weather, like a tornado.  An individual airline (as determined by the airline) would suspend operations in certain weather conditions.  Usually in hail or winds exceeding specific velocities. 

Aaron
Hubble View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-22-2013 at 2:35pm
I'd question if it was safe to depart, but as for "inadvertently applying too much aileron" - I think it is more a case of "he applied what he felt was necessary".

Best regards,
Robin.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic