Level-D Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Level-D General User Forums > Level-D General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AVSIM: Level-D FSX review!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermaxkoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AVSIM: Level-D FSX review!
    Posted: 09-17-2007 at 3:53am

Senior Captain CHE1945
Peter Koller Switzerland

i5 3570K@4.4 ,16GB,Corsair H80,WD 1TB SATA-3,NVIDIA GTS450,Win7-64,Level-D B767/FSX
Terence View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-17-2007 at 1:56pm
Stopped trusting AVSIM for their reviews a long time ago. They have reviewers in their early teens.
wchafe View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wchafe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-17-2007 at 3:46pm

I thought that overall it was a good balanced review.  I would have liked to see him mention the SDK, which is something very important to home cockpit builders and one of the things that sets us apart from other sims.  I think most of the issues he mentioned were known to us and I think his complaints were fair comment.

No review is going to be correct in all respects, especially a review of something as complex as the 767.  There are a lot more improvements and enhancements in the FSX version than what was mentioned of course, but you can't expect a reviewer to be aware of or comment on all of those things. 

I'm very happy with the review.  How can you complain about a review that gives you an overall rating of "Superb"!  ;)

Wade

The-GPS-Kid View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The-GPS-Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-26-2007 at 10:38am

Hi,

As the author of the review, I'm pleased you saw it as fair, Wade.  As you rightly said, the reviews do need to cover the product broadly, and timesclaes sometimes prevent the testing of all features in a given product.

What I would say however is that a week or so after completing the review, I made the decision to start a home cockpit build myself.   It was at this stage in my research that I learned how far ahead LDS 767 is in terms of the SDK and the amount of assignments available for straightforward interfacing in a home cockpit.

In fact, it is hard to find any features that are not available to a 767 cockpit builder using the LDS 767 as a base, that would be available to a 737 builder using Project Magenta software.

Without questioning the quality of the PM software, it is quite amazing that given it's cost (in the upper 3 digits of Euros), comparable features are provided via the LDS SDK to 767 builders, at a cost of $54!

With this in mind, earlier this week, I wrote an addendum to the AVSIM review, covering the LDS 767 FSX in terms of the SDK and home cockpit potential.

My understanding from Robert Whitwell (AVSIM Reviews Editor) is that this will be published by the end of next week. (by approx 5th October).

Best regards,

David R   

David.
Intel i7 2600k 3.4Ghz (to 3.8 on turbo boost), 8Gb DDR3 RAM, ATI 5770 1GB, Win 7 64 bit
Mower View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2018 at 2:52pm
Sorry I'm late, nice review.

Though I had already bought it by then.

Check Six.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic